Over the last week I have been doing some Christmas vegetarian cooking demonstrations. Will have plenty of recipes to share, and it’s not just nut roast and luke warm sprouts! Here are my top veggie Christmas tips to get you in the mood.
Keith’s Veggie Christmas Tips
1. Announcing a veggie Xmas may be a polite way to keep the ‘in laws’ at bay over your holiday
2. More than 2 veggies to cater for? If you can’t beat them join them!
3. You don’t have to go cold turkey and go meat free overnight, try a few veggie dishes as a change.
4. Make enough because everyone will want to try some.
5. Check labels, look for a ‘V’ sign
6. Cheat if you like, there are plenty of ready-made veggie dishes to buy.
7. Go into great detail how you cooked things, even if they are ready-made.
1. There are 3,000,000 veggies out there in the UK alone, some may come to yours for Xmas.
2. The only part of the veggie dinner that grown in the dark in crowded conditions are the mushrooms!
3. Veggie food is cheaper, healthier and more ecological.
Tips for Veggies
1. Let your host know well in advance about your requests (like veggie or vegan) see if they need any help, offer to bring something to share.
2. Don’t wear your halo too tight and interrogate your host about ingredients in case something has slipped through the net, ignorance is bliss.
1. Eating veggie food has so many benefits it’s not ‘why don’t you eat meat – its more why eat the stuff’
Categories: Vegetarian Cooking & Recipes