This was the result enough for 40 people.
It is a nice light vegetable dish, meaning there was plenty of space left for lots of delicious bread with butter. And homemade cake!
Enjoy the recipe below, join us in Wales to learn more on our Ayurvedic Cooking Weekends.
Ayurvedic Sweet Potato Curry
2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
½ tsp cumin seeds
60 ml fresh cream
generous pinch of asafoetida
1 tsp ground paprika
1 tsp ground coriander
½ tsp ground turmeric
2 medium sweet potatoes peeled & diced
250 g frozen peas
350 ml vegetable stock
1 tsp garam masala
salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
For The Curry Paste
1 medium onion peeled & chopped
1 large tomato chopped
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
3-4 garlic cloves peeled & chopped
1. To make the curry paste place the onion, tomato, ginger and garlic in a liquidiser or food processor. blend until smooth. Put this aside for later.
2. Heat the ghee/coconut oil in a large pan and cook the cumin seeds gently until slightly fragrant. Add the prepared curry paste, mix well and then stir in the cream.
3. Sauté this until the oil starts to separate from the sides of the pan and the sauce begins to thicken. Then add the asafoetida, ground coriander, paprika and turmeric.
4. Stir in the sweet potatoes and add the stock. Reheat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender.
5. Add the frozen peas and simmer for another few minutes. sprinkle in the garam masala and stir well. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with the fresh coriander.
Categories: Vegetarian Cooking & Recipes